Citizens around the world wishing to participate are welcome. Also educational organizations, cultural, scientific and environmental corporations, municipalities, communities or business companies wishing to be associates of the installation.
Every participant can send one or more samples from different rivers or lakes. The samples will be presented with the name, the curriculum, the photograph, the logo, the website or other material required by the participant. All videos of the collection of the samples and the additional details for the rivers and the lakes or other details the participants wish to show will be included:
a) at the web site of the project www.worldwatermuseum.com/ on a separate place for each river or lake.
b) in a monitor, at the installation area, where visitors would select to see the collections of the samples.
If you wish to participate, please fill in the following intention form:
- The sample should be natural water from a river or an unsalted lake only.
- For receiving a sample a sealed common mineral water bottle must be used, necessarily 1½ liter capacity (or three flasks of 500 ml).
a) 500 ml is needed for the analysis of the laboratory and placed in the installation
b) 500 ml is needed for the installation
c) 100 ml to be mixed with the “Earth’s Water”
d) 400 ml to be stored.
- When you are ready the bottle should be opened and spilled the water in the river / lake. The action of emptying out the mineral water in the river constitutes a potently symbolic act. Emptying the mineral water in the river/lake is a powerful symbolic act whereby water is given back to the mother-nature.
- Then the empty bottle must be filled to the top with water from the river/lake.
- It is absolutely necessary for the participants to video record the sampling process*.Common video camera may be used or even the video camera of a mobile telephone. Normally it should include few minutes before during and after the water collection therefore a brief story telling is completed, showing the intention to collect water and to participate to the project. The video should be send with the bottle of water and the way of delivery will be discussed per case, so that the water reaches us safely.
The video could be sent in one of the following formats:
• Tape recorders MINI DV,
• DVD with simple digital files.
• e-mail with simple digital files.
* Sample without video documentation is not accepted..
- Participants should ensure that:
- The vial is clean and sealed prior to the collection of the sample
- The sample is conserved in a proper condition, and decay process is avoided. We recommend the preservation of the water in a temperature of 4-5 ℃.
- The delivery time does not exit the 48 hours and the place of the delivery will be agreed upon email communication.
- Will be very helpful also be sent, if the participants wish, the following additional information defining the preferred river/ lake:
- The coordinates of the collecting place through Google Earth
• The historical or mythological information of the area
• Brief details related to the contemporary life in the area
• Photographs or other materials
• Sounds during the collection
• Other information per case that might be considered essential.
- By participating to the project, the participants have the obligation to pay the transportation fees to the place of collection.
- Participation in the project involves the assignment of participants to the project managers, the rights to use and display of the video recordings, so they will serve needs of implementation, visibility and promotion of the project.
ALL TERMS AND GUIDELINES ABOVE ARE OBLIGATORY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Please check carefully if the bottles are sealed well, to avoid the risk of losing the sample.
- Please do not delete the recording of the collection in your database before we inform you that we received your files.